Why Choose Grindhouse?
• We operate an adult, no bull environment, we invest in coaching, training, equipment and doing additional seminars and functions to aid your physical development. We have the best equipment for YOUR development anywhere locally and we will continue to invest in YOU.
• We have boundaries and rules. We promote originality and NO EGO’s in the gym.
• We have a huge professional support network for all members and continue to look for additional avenues to aid your development and where possible with no additional costs to YOU.
• We change every work out ‘Beasting’ to keep it fresh, original. Above all for you to develop. These sessions are fast, furious, functional & fun.
• We keep classes small to allow hands on coaching for safe practise of all movements and to tailor the Beasting to you.
• All of our Staff have CPD in place to give the most up to date training methods.
Meet The Coaches
HEAD COACH & OWNER
▪️Boxed for Royal Navy and part of the first submarine boxing team HMS Turbulant
▪️Became interested in Tactical functional training and Strongman training.
▪️ Continued Strongman training gaining my my S&C certificate and strongman training course
▪️Most recent achievement 2019 Competed body power u80kg placing 3rd and still competing at age 45.
Various novice and inters Comps.
▪️Qualifications with British Weightlifting, Eliko training courses, S&C, MMA S&C, first aid & numerous seminars with world class competitors
▪️NVQ Team Leading
▪️A1 Assessor Award
▪️5 years mentoring adults in high risk environments
▪️I continue to develop through CPD & most of all “I practice what I preach”
sunday strongman coach
▪️2x London’s Strongestman
▪️3x Podium at Britain’s Strongestman u90kg and u105kg
▪️2x Podium at England’s Strongestman u90kg
▪️Runner up at Europe’s Strongestman u90kg
▪️Current u90kg Strongman deadlift World record holder
▪️First u90kg strongman in HISTORY to deadlift over 800lbs
▪️Grindhouse member since 2017
One of the most recent additions to the team after being put forward for a level 2 strength coach award. Started strength training in the sport of powerlifting, and has competed in regional competitions. Currently moving over to strongman and plans on competing in her first competition this year which will hopefully pave the way for many more Outside of the gym Lea is a registered mental health nurse, a parent and a keen trumpeter (toot toot) Lea takes passion in empowering and motivating others and is an enthusiastic and fun addition to our kids club
New Projects Manager
▪️Health and safety Manager in my non gym role.
▪️Certified by Eleiko for Tactical Training
▪️Member since Jan 2020
▪️First comp planned as Birmingham’s Strongest Novice 26th September
▪️Ran my first comp as Day of the Deadlift at GH
Coach and PTSD organiser
Ex-civil servant with severe depression and anxiety who after several suicidal episodes and the loss of a friend to suicide recently vowed to get involved in mental health support and suicide prevention after experiencing how inadequate the available resources are. If I can save just one life then it’s worth it.